There is a GS 5-7 BLM Ranger position (non-law enforcement) opening up in Whitethorn!
- Greets visitors and provides information and education concerning use of public lands.
- Investigates and reports all trespasses or damage to Government property
- Responds to emergency situations.
- Conducts safety inspections and records visitor-related incidents.
- Monitor road/trail conditions perform trail maintenance.
- Patrols and inspects facilities ensuring compliance with rules and regulations pertaining to parking, campfires, noise level, sanitation, and safety; bringing problems or violations to the attention of visitors and, if appropriate.
- Installs and maintains various types of signage on public lands, such as off-road vehicle, wilderness, portal, boundary, directional road and trail, and interpretive signing.
- Presents a variety of formal and interpretive programs to include but not limited to, orientation talks, environmental education programs, conducted walks, demonstrations, and campfire programs.