Good Roads, Clear Creeks
We are currently not implementing any new Good Roads, Clear Creeks projects, but will pursue project funding when projects are identified and as funding becomes available.
The goal of the Good Roads, Clear Creeks program is to promote healthy streams and salmonid recovery by reducing erosion and stream sedimentation in the following ways:
• Work with private landowners, the Bureau of Land Management and California State Parks, as well as other governmental agencies, to treat selected sediment sources on their lands within the Mattole watershed
• Integrate the latest Department of Fish & Wildlife design criteria into all projects where appropriate
• Design and implement road related sediment reduction projects that include road upgrades, storm proofing, and road de-commissioning
• Monitor project effectiveness though turbidity monitoring
• Investigate the possibilities for sediment modeling